Pan Fried Crispy Steelhead
Crispy Steelhead with Ginger Glaze
½ cup rice flour
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Pepper
½ teaspoon baking soda
6-8 oz steelhead, cut into approx. 1x4” pieces
½ cup canola oil
3 tablespoons ginger glaze
Crispy Steelhead with Ginger Glaze Method
1. In a small bowl, mix together rice flour, salt, pepper and baking soda. Place fish into rice flour mixture.
2. Add oil to a sauté pan and heat over medium high heat with oil. Once oil is hot, add fish and sear on one side for 2
minutes, flip over and repeat. Let cook until desired temperature.
3. Remove from the pan and place onto a paper towel to drain excess oil.
4. Place onto a plate and pour ginger glaze over top. Serve with steamed rice
Ginger Glaze Ingredients
2 Cups Rice Wine
1 cup Rice Vinegar
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Ginger
1 teaspoon Chile Flakes
1 tablespoon Lime Juice
1 tablespoon Cilantro Stems
Ginger Glaze Method
1. In a small pot, combine rice wine, vinegar, sugar, ginger and chile flakes. Put over medium high heat and bring to a
2. Let cook and reduce by 75%. Once reduced, add lime juice and cilantro to finish.
3. Set aside until ready to use.