Chorizo Veggie Taco
Chorizo Veggie Taco
6 - fresh corn tortilla- or warmed store bought tortilla
1- Delicata squash
2 TBSP- Chile rub
4 TBSP- Olive oil
12oz- Chorizo- fresh ground
2 Cups- Brussels sprouts- cored and shaved
6 TBSP-Sikil Pak Salsa
6 TSP-Cotija cheese- grated
6 TSP- Cilantro- chopped finely
6 TSP- Candied or roasted pumpkin seed
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out and discard seeds, cut each half into 1/3rds lengthwise then slice into ¼ “ slices
- Toss the squash with the half of the olive oil and half of the chile rub and place on a sheet tray, roast in oven until just fork tender
- In a large saute pan over high heat, heat remaining oil. Add chorizo in a thick, even layer, breaking up with a spatula as it cooks, but not stirring.
- Allow chorizo to brown on one side, then flip. Allow to brown on the other side before stirring and breaking up well. Remove with a slotted spoon to a separate dish, leaving fat in the pan.
- Over med/high heat, add the brussels sprouts to the pan, along with the remaining chile rub. Cook while stirring until they begin to brown and soften. Add chorizo and roasted squash back to pan, cook for 1-2 min while stirring to combine.
- Deglaze pan with sherry, and allow to reduce.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed with salt.
- Spread 1 Tbsp of sikil pak over each tortilla, top with chorizo mixture, cotija, cilantro and pumpkin seed
- Serve with fresh limes
1 Cup- Tomato canned fire roasted (or Fresh if in season, see step 1)
½ Cup-White onion- medium dice
1 TSP-Kosher salt
¼ Bunch-Cilantro leaves, chopped
1 fl oz- Sherry vinegar
- Roast tomato until blackened on all sides and dried out a bit if using fresh tomato
- Toast cinnamon stick and grind to a fine powder
- Toast pepitas until just brown
- Grind pepitas to a powder in food processor
- In a skillet, roast the habanero, garlic and onion until soft and blackened in spots
- Place tomato, cinnamon and vegetable mix along with zest and juice of the limes, vinegar and cilantro in with the pepitas along with water and blend to a semi smooth puree. Refrigerate and hold for use